University Contact Information

Should you require assistance or have any questions, you are encouraged to communicate with your Designated School Official (DSO). If you are contacting other departments, be  sure to include your DSO using the DSO email address listed below. Do not use the DSO staff email address as this would delay response times and would not allow other DSO’s to assist you should any one be out of the office or no longer with the University.

Who is a Designated School Official (DSO) under the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)?

All institutions certified under SEVP require a dedicated employee(s) for assisting and overseeing enrolled international students. Each physical location must have a Principal Designated School Official (PDSO), whose duties also include serving as the main point of contact for issues related to SEVP certification and a DSO. One physical campus can have more than one DSO designated.

A DSO serves as an advisor to assist international students navigate university and avoid problems by advising them on how to follow required processes.  Some common issues international students may have questions about and should report to a DSO are:

  • Working in the United States.
  • Applying for a driver license.
  • Applying for a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
  • Changing their major, program or degree level.
  • Transferring to a new school or taking a leave of absence.
  • Traveling outside of the United States.
  • Moving to a new address.
  • Changing their name.
  • Requesting a program extension.

It is important to note that the University and DSOs cannot provide U.S. visa services to nonimmigrant applicants or students, but it does comply with all requirements of the Student and Exchange Visitor Program. Any charges related to visa services are the sole responsibility of the applicant or student and should consult with an immigration attorney.